Adam Braseel

These cases are suggested by forum members for research and information. Injustice Anywhere has not reviewed the details of each case and does not necessarily endorse any claims made within this section. Cases we currently advocate for can be viewed in the "Injustice Anywhere Featured Cases" section, located in the board index.
Forum rules
These cases are suggested by forum members for research and information. Injustice Anywhere has not reviewed the details of each case and does not necessarily endorse any claims made within this section. Cases we currently advocate for can be viewed in the "Injustice Anywhere Featured Cases" section, located in the board index.

Adam Braseel

Postby Annella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:01 am

I have been reading this case for a year or so now and am convinced there has been a serious miscarriage of justice here. Would be great if board members would take some time to scrutinise the info I will link to and also understand that time is running out fast for Adam.

A case overview...

http://freeadambraseel.org/index.php/20 ... -overview/
'The Italian concept of judicial truth does not trouble itself with reality; it controls the narrative by controlling the past"
Annella

Re: Adam Braseel

Postby Annella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:03 am

'The Italian concept of judicial truth does not trouble itself with reality; it controls the narrative by controlling the past"
Annella

Postby Annella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:23 am

September 13th this is happening....

http://dksale.net/2017/08/12/adam-brase ... d-finally/

I have asked friends/family for the link to all court records. There once was a link in a comment left at another IA piece on Adam but nothing showed for Adam Clyde Braseel. That in itself is a concern ( AFAIAC) because it used to be available, why would it suddenly not be?
Annella

Postby Samson » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:16 am

This looks like a classic miscarriage, if even a little too neat and tidy. There should be something more concrete to refute that is missing from the article I just read. If there is not, then it is a classic of the genre. (expression borrowed from Rolfe). Good cause Annella, thanks for drawing attention.
Justice is an issue not a word. Find one issue that isn't fair and change that, and that's justice.
Samson

Postby Desert Fox » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:19 am

I hate eye witness testimony on either side. It is just so unreliable.
Desert Fox

Postby Annella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Some more interesting reading.....

http://dksale.net/2016/12/30/1421-2/
Annella

Postby Annella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Adam Braseel files to Federal Court — allegations of perjury, corruption, jury, witness and evidence tampering.
May 31, 2017

http://dksale.net/2017/05/31/adam-brase ... tampering/
Annella

Postby Annella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:06 pm

At least one juror says she never agreed with the guilty verdict but was afraid to speak up.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crim ... 356373001/
Annella

Postby Annella » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Braseel recounted his alibi to the jury in detail. After leaving Charles Partin's house on Freemont Road, he stopped at the L&L Market on state Highway 108 to buy a cigar. He saw a friend, Jake Baum, in a church parking lot and pulled over to talk. He and Baum moved to an empty bank parking lot across the road and talked for about five or 10 minutes; both wanted to smoke a joint, but neither had rolling papers. He headed from there to the Seagroves house.

The defense called three witnesses who supported Braseel's story — Charles Partin, who testified he watched Braseel pull out of his driveway on Freemont Road as he locked the house door just before 9:15 p.m.; Josh Seagroves, who testified Braseel arrived at his home at exactly 10 p.m.; and Kristen King, who testified she was with Baum, her boyfriend, when they met Braseel in the church parking lot around 9:30 p.m.

The distance from Partin's house to the murder scene on Melissa Rock Road covered about 10 miles with a drive time of roughly 15-20 minutes, assuming Braseel traveled along the main highway as he testified. The distance from Burrows' home to Seagroves' house covered about eight miles, with a similar drive time.

That left about a 15-minute window for Braseel to park on the roadside, walk to Burrows' house, ride back to the car and kill Burrows, then drive to the Burrows house, attack Becky Hill, struggle with Kirk Braden and flee. Braden's run to use the neighbor's phone would have taken about two minutes, with the call coming into E-911 at 9:52 p.m.

If Braseel walked through his friend's door at 10 p.m., that would have required him to cover the distance in half the necessary time. Prosecutors argued he could have taken a shortcut along back roads. Even that would have left little to no time to dispose of clothes spattered with the dead man's blood, to stop at the L&L Market or to talk in the church parking lot — if the defense witnesses told the truth.

"Frankly, I'm appalled at what I'm hearing," said Wells, the eyewitness expert, who has no ties to Braseel's defense. "I hesitate to criticize law enforcement in a case like this, because they often have small staffs and because it's easy to hindsight people. But there needs to be some kind of clear, documented identification process. There should be filler (photos) of people who look like the suspect. The person conducting the lineup should be someone other than the case detective, someone who doesn't even know which photo is the suspect's so that they can't unconsciously influence the witness. You shouldn't be able to look at the lineup and tell which person is the suspect. When that doesn't happen, it's up to defense attorneys to hold law enforcement to account."

A relative question

The official photo lineup with Hill didn't take place until Jan. 16 - nine days after the killing and a week after her son, who was still living with her, had already identified Braseel's photo in a process that raised further questions.

That identification rated only a pair of sentences in the sheriff's report. But at trial, Myers admitted things hadn't gone as planned.

The sheriff testified he'd been clipping out mug shots on a desk in an unsecured trailer outside the jail to paste into a lineup when Braden burst in unannounced.

"All of those photos was on the desk . and when he sat down he pointed at the picture and told me that that picture was the one that had did it," Myers testified. "When he did that, I picked all those photos up in my hand, and I handed 'em to him and I told him that I wanted him to make sure that he had picked out the right photo."

The sheriff said he couldn't remember how the photos were arranged on the desk, how many lay face-up or how many face-down. Braden swore he saw Braseel's photo first, then the others.

"He showed me the first photo and I identified him," the son testified. "He come up and asked me, yes, 'Is this the man who done it?' . He showed me three or four. . I couldn't tell you how many (photos). There was a stack."

Experts say that's one of the worst possible ways to conduct a photo lineup.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... mans-crime
Annella

Postby McGirr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:04 pm

If my understanding is correct, what led authorities to Brasell is simply because he had red hair, and one of the snitches knew of this guy with red hair. That is about all they had to go on. Then the photo line up was designed so poorly to deliberately lead the witness to pick Brassel, not to mention that the witness failed on the first 2 occasions. We had a case identical to his in that the suspect had red hair and the police arrested someone with red hair and the victim picked him as the perpetrator. He was convicted but the Judge tossed the case on appeal citing eye witness testimony as notoriously unsafe as the sole evidence against the accused.Im sure there was more to it, such as a failure to secure a DNA match and sloppy identification parade, i,e only red haired male in the line up
fuhgeddaboudit
McGirr

Postby Annella » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:21 pm

McGirr wrote:If my understanding is correct, what led authorities to Brasell is simply because he had red hair, and one of the snitches knew of this guy with red hair. That is about all they had to go on. Then the photo line up was designed so poorly to deliberately lead the witness to pick Brassel, not to mention that the witness failed on the first 2 occasions. We had a case identical to his in that the suspect had red hair and the police arrested someone with red hair and the victim picked him as the perpetrator. He was convicted but the Judge tossed the case on appeal citing eye witness testimony as notoriously unsafe as the sole evidence against the accused.Im sure there was more to it, such as a failure to secure a DNA match and sloppy identification parade, i,e only red haired male in the line up

That pretty much sums it up McGirr. Sad state of affairs.
Annella

Return to Possible Wrongful Convictions: Member Submissions